The Important Rules Of Growing Weed Indoors
There are many things that must be done when growing a crop of weed, whether it is indoors or outdoors, in soil or with hydroponics and to simplify this following a handful of rules it will help the grower. These rules are easier to remember than trying to think of all the things that need to be done.
- The first of these rules is do not broadcast you have a crop, because it is an illegal crop and things happen in life, people get mad at you, couples break up, and there are jealous people. This is a crop that if discovered can get you into trouble and if a person is jealous of it and steal the harvest you have no recourse because it is an illegal crop.
- That leads to the next rule, wear gloves, that eliminates possible contamination to the delicate seedlings and it also eliminates you leaving fingerprints behind.
- Keep all your tools clean, use a fresh sterilized soil mix to eliminate the possibility of disease and germs.
- Grow using either clones from a plant you like or from quality seeds, this ensures you will have a harvest worth the time, trouble and risk when the ganja plants have matured.
- Don’t over water the plants thinking they will grow faster, healthier or stronger, over watering can create problems and even rot the roots. Use only water that has sat for at least 24 hours to deal with chlorine. Knowing when to water is easy when sticking a finger several inches into the soil, if there is no moisture then the plants need watering.
Diseases, Pests and Plagues Of The Cannabis Crop
Disease in the marijuana crop can often be taken care of because it is due to a deficiency that can be treated with the proper nutrition for the plants. The plants will give the grower signs when it lacks things like nitrogen, phosphorus or potassium and the appropriate plant food should be used to battle the disease.
Then there are other diseases such as pythium, this is mold that causes root rot and rot in the bottom of the stem. One of the reasons this happens is because the ganja plants are to wet and the room is too humid.
One of the pests that favor the ganja plant are spider mites, which can cause irreparable damage to the plants. One of the signs that this is the pest affecting the plants is small webs, because they are a tiny spider. To battle them there is a solution that can be purchased anyplace that sells plant care items.
White flies can also be a pest that attacks the ganja crop, they will be found underneath of the leaves and will suck the life out of the leaf if let go long enough. To battle them an insecticide can be used and it is also found where plant supplies are sold.
There is also thrips, these are fast moving insects that are equipped with wings, a grower will know they have been attacked by the shiny silver spots on their leaves. These spots occur because the thrips suck the chlorophyll out of the leaves and they can be seen with the naked eye. The grower using an insecticide can battle thrips like other pests attacking the plant.